THE LIFESTAR CHALLENGE™ PARENT HANDOUTS
- I Am Active
- Types of Physical Activity
- Turn off That TV
- I Eat Right
- The 5 Food Groups
- What Does A Health Meal Look Like?
- Snacks Can Be Healthy Too
- Why Water & Ways to Make It Taste Good
- Healthier Beverage Choices
- Awareness of Others
- Reading Nutrition Labels
- Mindful of my Sugar
- Goal Setting (worksheet)
- Breathing (worksheet)
- Mindful Palate (worksheet)
- Mindful Hydration (worksheet)
- Mindful Movement (worksheet)
- Mindful of My Heart (worksheet)
- Mindful of My Brain (worksheet)
- Mindful of My Sense of Smell (worksheet)
- Mindful Meals (worksheet)
- What’s in My Bottle (worksheet)
- Mindful Goal Setting (worksheet)
- Bodyweight Workout (example)
- Fitness Games (example)
CAUSES OF CHILDHOOD OBESITY
I AM ACTIVE I will be physically active at least one hour throughout each day.
TYPES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY Try an activity in each type of physical activity category (cardio, strength, and flexibility).
TURN OFF THAT TV! I limit my entertainment screen time (TV, video games, movies) to one hour a day. OR I will do one new physical activity for an hour instead of screen time
I EAT RIGHT I will eat a well-balanced, healthy breakfast each day.
THE 5 FOOD GROUPS I will eat something from each food group each day.
WHAT DOES A HEALTHY MEAL LOOK LIKE? Make half your plate fruits and vegetables at suppertime.
SNACKS CAN BE HEALTHY TOO I will choose one healthy snack each day this week.
WHY WATER? Drink water before, during, and after being active.
READING LABELS Read the food label on a healthy snack versus an unhealthy snack.
BETTER DRINK CHOICES I will limit my sugary drinks to one per week as a treat.
AWARENESS OF OTHERS Talk with your family about respecting other people’s space.
MINDFUL OF MY SUGAR Eat more foods that do not have added sugars.
©2020 Health LifeStars. All Rights Reserved.